Thursday 25 April 2013

Module 5


Bubbl.us is a good mind-mapping tool.  I use the app ‘popplet lite’ (free) on iPad with my students or on iPad or my phone personally.  I was wondering if Bubbl.us allowed for real-time collaboration, which would make it an extremely powerful (and free!!) tool.  I found my answer on Rebecca Buerkett’s blog ‘The Learning Librarian’…
“I wish it [Bubbl.us] allowed real-time collaboration (wiki-style) like MindMeister or FreeMind (Adam and Mowers 24), rather than only one person being able to use it at a time.”  http://rbuerkett.edublogs.org/2009/03/08/reflections-on-bubblus/
This at least gives me some great leads on real-time collaborative tools.

It looks like after signing up for MindMeister it is possible to collaborate in real-time but I’m not sure if it is as flexible as Bubbl.us in terms of choosing the position of cells etc.

I was happily working away on creating my glog, feeling that this was going to be a very useful classroom tool when a box popped up saying Glogster was requesting permission to store information on my computer!!  That was the end of Glogster!  At least they asked permission I guess.

I really enjoyed playing around with Prezi.  It definitely has a better look as a presentation tool than PowerPoint and Keynote.

No comments:

Post a Comment