Wednesday 10 July 2013

Module 10


Wikis
Another great collaborative tool…I have found Google Docs and Google Drive which we explored in Module 3 fantastic as a collaborative tool personally, but I can see the potential of using Wikis with students and staff as well.  I have set up a wikispace for my students and would like to trial it next term with Literature Circles.  It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Nings…
seem like a good way to join or start a network focused on an area of interest.  I really enjoyed spending time researching some areas of interest and on the Classroom 2.0 Ning, to be honest I wasted (not really wasted I guess) quite a few hours!!  I’m looking forward to being accepted by the CEO Sydney iLe@rn Ning so I see how schools in Sydney are using Nings for learning.  I’m not sure if this is right but it seems like the Nings I’ve looked at are a great Web 2.0 tool for teachers, can they be used with students as well?  More research required…

Google Site
I have set up my own Google Site, now to decide…do I use a Wiki or a Google Site with my students?  Google Sites seems to have more options.  I wonder if I can embed the Wiki in the Google Site, well there’s a little project of discovery for me to follow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment