Saturday 6 July 2013

Module 7


I investigated Diigo instead of Delicious as I had looked at Delicious previously and did not make very good use of it possibly due to lack of understanding and time…so I decided to try something new.  These Web 2.0 tools are definitely easy to use and time effective for busy teachers. I found so many interesting and relevant articles via Diigo that I could easily spend days reading, investigating and pondering how to change my practice.  The ‘My Groups’ and ability to pursue a topic via ‘Tags’ makes searching for interesting content super easy.  My interest is piqued by quite a few articles I have bookmarked and I am keen to keep ‘mining the gold’ in the groups I have joined.
The ‘time’ factor continues to plague me, I would dearly love to ‘shut the world out’ for a while to investigate and explore but that seems to negate the whole purpose of Web 2.0 tools, i.e. collaboration.  I continue to feel the challenge of keeping a healthy work/life/learning balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment